White House aide Timothy Goeglein has resigned over admitted plagiarism.
The links below contain facts and may suggest a few whys and wherefores:
- White House Aide Resigns Over Plagiarism
- Blogger Spots "Copycat" Goeglein
- Goeglein Column: "... Honesty of Reflective Thought"
- Goeglein: "I Am Entirely at Fault"
- WPost: 20 Out of 38 Columns Tainted
- NYT: "Familiar Figure" to "Evangelical Christians"
Meanwhile, a passage from this February 28 tribute to William F. Buckley seems apropos. Regarding Buckley:
In several respects one is reminded of Francis Schaeffer and C.S. Lewis -- deep, quick, sharp, but also humane in their brilliance, also caring for the human being next door, also real people doing real work. The contrast with the opportunistic 'mover and shaker' of Big Government, Big Celebrity, or, sadly, Big Christianity, encourages us to push forward to a higher calling,a nobler practice, a loving dream awalk in the world.
Here are two dreams -- doable, humane, inspired by God: 1) Real work by real people, 2) Market the truth truthfully.
Trot them out at the next big meeting of marketers, publishers, ghosters, blurbers, fundraisers, and other affiliates of Big Name, Inc.